Saturday, 23 October 2010

of life & love.

my mother's strenght slowly faded and as life seemed to disappear from her eyes, the ilness took over more and more of her fragile being. a year ago on this day she finally gave in and quietly and calmly as the night itself when it happened, she took her last breath, only 13 short months after my father's passing. I felt that I was being cheated by life and that I was left complitely alone with nothing but nothingness and grief. many dark and lonely months followed, many dark and lonely months passed.

on one day, no particular, or different from any other day I woke up and felt as if I saw the sunlight for the first time in my life. it came to me that it had come time to move on. my parents were no doctors or presidents but common people. they rarely understood what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go. or why. but none the less the were always my parents and I was always their son. they taught me that I should always choose for myself and wherever I went or what ever I did, I should do so with elegance and grace. and whoever I met, I should always meet them with kindness and respect. especially my dear mother, who on her last leg with us taught me that there is light even in the darkest places. most of all and most importantly, they taught me to love. not only myself, but life, everything it has to offer and those who are deprived of it, those who are being shut out or are unable to speak for themselves.

against this backdrop, on this day when I commemorate those who are no longer with me, it fills my heart with great joy that we get to celebrate love and continuity of life in a wedding. not mine, but dear friends who have promised to love and cherish each other for the rest of their lives. I truly feel that there is still much to be seen and experienced in the world and that nothing embarks the legacy of my parents better than tonight's festivities.

231010

love,

m

13 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful words! <3

Henna said...

Kaunis kirjoitus.

Stella said...

<3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Rakkautta, rakkautta.

Minnanen

mikko said...

Sanna said...

<3

birds must land said...

tää oli todella kaunis. olisin ollut kiinnostunut siitä, että missä sä olet opiskellut valokuvaajaksi ?

mikko said...

hei birds must land, kiitos kaunis ja tervetuloa.
suoritin tutkintoni The London College of Fashionissa, joka on osa suurempaa yliopistoa University of The Arts Londonia.

JEN-SKA said...

Olipa liikuttava teksti, kiitos että jaoit sen meidän lukijoiden kanssa <3

Ihanaa syksyä ja mahdollisimman pian saapuvaa talvea sinulle, Mikko!

mikko said...

kiitos ja samoin sinulle jen-ska.

Laura said...

Go LCF!!! ;)

mikko said...

go laura go !!!